From Majors to Minors – Career Applications of English Majors will be held next week on
Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 4:30-6pm
DePaul University – Lincoln Park Campus
Arts and Letters Building, Room 103
- Public Relations Specialist, CNO Financial Group (former Business Writer for LoganSqarist)
- Legislative Director, Illinois State Senator Daniel Biss, Office of State Senator, Daniel Biss, 9th District
- Director, Education Pioneers
- Research Associate, IRMA, DePaul University
- Dean of Culture, Epic Academy
- Canine Manager, Animal Care League
Jobs with Impact
Make Your Impact for Our Environment, Our Democracy and Our Future
If you are interested in joining a team of passionate people to make an impact on issues like global warming, clean water, big money’s influence over our democracy and other issues that matter to our future, consider a job with Impact.
Impact is a nonprofit that runs action campaigns. We work in states where we can win positive change for our environment, our democracy and our future.
Impact is now accepting applications to join our team in August 2016! Our fall application deadline is October 18th. We also have immediate positions available.
If you aren’t looking for a full-time job, you can also make a big difference through an internship with Impact.
Undergrounders! Our resident internship and career guru, Professor Chris Green, brings to you another amazing panel aimed at showing English majors and minors the myriad career paths they might take. These panels are always illuminating and insightful in addition to being a simply outstanding resource. The time to think about life after DePaul is NOW. Don’t miss this event!
We here at the Underground have been on the receiving end of a flurry of emails regarding openings at a number of Chicago and Chicago-area organizations with openings for spring and summer interns.
We know you hear this all the time, but it bears repeating: internships have gone from recommended to necessary over the last decade in terms of experience-building, resume-boosting, and network-forging.
There’s no worse feeling than crafting your first resume the day after you hand in your cap and gown and realizing you don’t have a whole lot to put on that blank page.
Finding the right career path for you can take years of trial and error, and that’s natural. However, the time to try out and explore potential jobs and roles is NOW, when you have the time and life situation to work for little or no money for short periods of time. It’s win-win!
Lecture over. On to the opportunities! NOTE: These are highlights from Professor Chris Green’s roundup of all available internships for English students! Please download the PDF of this mailing (Spring Internships 2015) if you missed it in your inbox.
- Story Club Magazine, a literary journal for literary performance, is seeking a marketing and editorial intern. Applicants should have an interest in nonfiction and be willing and able to spend time at literary events in the evenings. We accept grad or undergrad applicants. Go here for a PDF of further details and information about applying.
- Kaye Publicity Internship (for Summer Quarter Internship only). Kaye Publicity is a full-service public relations agency specializing in publishing and entertainment. Let talent shine! Send resume and cover letter (we recommend looking over their website thoroughly ahead of writing your cover letter) to dana (at) kayepublicity.com.
- Incarcerated Voices® is an exploration into the circumstances and conditions of incarceration through the eyes, ears, and hearts of prisoners. The organization seeks to foster insight into the prisoner’s responses to broaden the general public’s understanding of the prison population today. IV is a project of the Freeform Radio Initiative. Go here for a PDF describing the opportunity and how to apply. *N.B.: Their preference is graduate students but they are willing to consider motivated undergraduate students as well.
Don’t forget to contact Professor Green, who heads the program in English Department internships, if you are chosen!