Are you social-media savvy? We’re looking for a social and digital media intern to interact with and grow our online community. Details below!
If you’re selected, contact Professor Chris Green (CGREEN1@depaul.edu) to register for Winter Quarter credit.
SOCIAL AND DIGITAL MEDIA INTERN | JOB DESCRIPTION | DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM
The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role in the production and development of the DePaul Department of English Undergraduate Program’s online community by maintaining the undergrad program’s presence on various social media platforms, and by helping to create/post content relevant to the English department and its community.
The intern will learn how to reach undergraduate students in both concentrations, improve promotion of department events, and explore the expansion of the undergraduate program’s presence across other media platforms.
- Updates Facebook and Twitter account.
- Posts updates, news, and announcements as directed.
- Responds to social media comments as to foster interaction with the DePaul English Department.
- Updates the undergraduate program’s social media accounts’ photos and other content from the DePaul English Department activities and events.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our students, and posts said content to the undergraduate program’s Facebook and Twitter.
- Grows the DePaul English Department online social networks by increasing fan base and interactions.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Attends 2-3 department events per term, and takes pictures/video/media to be posted the undergraduate Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
- Regularly observes the online activity of undergraduate English programs at peer institutions, and reports on “social media best practices”.
- Completes other research projects as assigned.
- Creative, independent worker who is capable of both taking initiative and working in collaboration with Graduate Assistant to English Undergraduate Program and Departmental Advisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to visual detail.
- Familiar with basic digital media applications: internet browsers, photo editing, video editing, etc.
- Skilled in mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Available to work 10 hours per week, including mandatory attendance of 2-3 department evening events per term.
- Must be currently enrolled DePaul student
- This is an unpaid, part-time internship.
- We require that you bring your own computer and camera/phone to complete internship projects and tasks.
- Candidates should have a positive attitude, present a strong work ethic, and desire to contribute creatively to the Department of English.
- Students interested in marketing, education, audience development, and English studies are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter that describes your social media experience and interest in the position, a resume, and a portfolio (or links to your public social media accounts) to James Phelps at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2016.
Competitive applicants will be contacted for interviews before the end of autumn term.