The University of West Alabama is currently the publication of the 27th volume of its literary journal, The Sucarnochee Review. The journal is a national creative writing undergraduate journal that accepts poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction. They are currently accepting submissions publication, and their submissions guidelines and other information can be found on their website.
Habitat Magazine is currently accepting fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry submissions now through December 31st, 2017; for submission guidelines, please visit www.habitatlitmag.com/submit.
From Revolving Door Literary Journal:
Revolving Door Literary Journal is a startup literary journal that focuses on publishing the creative works of college students. This journal will not only help college students receive recognition for their work but also offer the opportunity of being published in a quality literary journal.
We accept submissions all year and currently publish in April and December. The types of writing we are currently accepting include fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, screenwriting, and playwriting.
If you have any further questions feel free to email us at email@example.com or visit our website.
The Chicago Review of Books and its sister publication, Arcturus, are holding a writing contest now through April 1 for original fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. There is a five-dollar reading fee for each category entered. Winners receive $100, publication in Arcturus, and a featured interview at the Chicago Review of Books.
Reunion: The Dallas Review is currently seeking submissions. Reunion features poetry, fiction, nonfiction, visual arts, translations, and drama.
We are seeking fresh, well-crafted, professional quality work from across the nation and abroad to publish in our large format, full color annual publication.
- Fiction: one story, up to 5,000 words
- Poetry: 3-5 poems. Longer poems will be considered, but shorter poems are desirable. Please submit poems as one document.
- Creative Nonfiction: up to 5,000 words.
- Translation: 3-5 poems, or up 3,000 words of prose, can be an actual translation and/or a scholarly essay on translation. Please obtain all necessary permissions prior to submitting your piece.
- Drama: one play or screenplay, up to 5,000 words.
- Visual Art: at least 3 distinct images, including drawing, digital, other 2-dimensional formats, and photography. Please submit your files in high-resolution TIFF format of between 5-8 mbs, 300 DPI.
Submissions are open until January 15, 2017.
For more information and complete submission guidelines, please visit our website at https://www.utdallas.edu/ah/reunion/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thoreau’s Rooster, a journal of undergraduate creative nonfiction, is now accepting submissions for its 2016 edition. The journal pays $200 for “personal nonfiction essays with a creative touch” if accepted.
The contest and journal are open only to undergraduate students. The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2016.