The Creative Writing Fellowship awards two $7,500 Luminarts Fellowships for excellence in creative writing in the categories of prose and poetry, in fiction and nonfiction. Applicants submit a two-page written piece (either a stand-alone piece or an excerpt of a larger piece such as a novel or short story). Entries are submitted and reviewed by an initial panel of jurors. Once reviewed, all top entries go to the final juror panel and the winners are selected. Jurors are comprised of professional authors, novelists, and poets, literary contributors, publishers, editors, journalists and media contributors. Click here for complete guidelines and to apply. The deadline to apply to the 2019 Creative Writing Fellowship is Friday, February 8, 2019.
Frog Tutoring is a tutoring company looking for students that are passionate and knowledgeable about teaching and learning.
All Frog Tutoring tutors will meet with assigned students to provide one-on-one private tutoring for subject matters in their areas of expertise. Tutors are to serve as a guide and coach to assist their students to become a successful, independent learner while integrating effective study and learning strategies to maximize the student’s potential for academic progress. Ultimately, it is the tutor’s responsibility to motivate students to want to learn, achieve, and be self-motivated.
Why Work For Frog Tutoring?
- Tutors will choose which grade levels and subjects to tutor
- Tutors will create their own work schedule
- As long as tutors work the minimum amount of hours a week, they can work as many hours as they like
- Driving compensation depending on the distance
- Bonuses for tutors who constantly receive high tutor rankings
- Incentives and acknowledgement
- Tutor of the Month receives a special prize
- Tutor Referral Program during busy season
- During times when there is a high need for tutors, current tutors will receive a bonus for every person referred and hired that are qualified to tutor in high demand subjects
If this position interests you, please apply at the Frog Tutoring website.
2nd floor conference room
Arts & Letters Hall
DePaul University’s Career Center is pleased to present the 2017 Fall Job & Internship Fair! Learn about current and future full-time, part-time and internship positions. Students of all experience levels are encouraged to attend.
Location: Lincoln Park Student Center room 120AB
Date: Day 1: Wednesday, October 4th 3 – 6 PM
Day 2: Thursday, October 5th 11 AM – 2 PM
*Professional dress is strongly recommended.
PREPARE FOR THE FAIR:
Do you need help preparing for the next job fair? Look no further! DePaul’s Career Center and CIBC Bank USA are teaming up to bring you tips and tricks on how to approach employers and make a lasting first impression. DePaul’s Career Center hosts multiple Job & Internship Fairs throughout the academic year with hundreds of employers looking for candidates like you. This workshop will be led by DePaul Alumnus Mark Mendoza, Joanna Mendoza, and Adrian Abonce.
For more information: https://depaul.joinhandshake.com/events/83137
Tips on preparing for the fair:
1) Research the companies and positions you are interested in.
2) Download the Career Fair Plus App, which provides a complete employer listing, event details, and real-time updates. The app can be accessed for both IOS and Android.
3) Visit the Career Center’s Peer Career Advisors for a resume review. *Peer Career Advisors are highly trained undergraduates who advise students and alumni concerning basic career related issues on a walk-in basis.
4) Dress for success & bring plenty of resumes!
Check out Laura’s blog post to learn more about her (and how she knows for sure that employers really do want to hire Liberal Arts & Social Sciences majors)!
Are you a team player with a passion for education and youth development through writing and publishing? 826CHI is looking to hire for three positions through AmeriCorps VISTA:
- Volunteer Coordinator >> Description // Application
- Student Impact & Data Coordinator >> Description // Application
- Communications Coordinator >> Description // Application
Positions run from August 2017 to August 2018. Application deadline is Friday, June 9th. View the position descriptions and application instructions on the AmeriCorps website (linked above).
Questions? Email email@example.com.