New Letters is accepting entries for the New Letters Literary Awards. This year’s online or postmark deadline is Thursday, May 18, 2017.
* All entries are consider for publication in the magazine.
* Entrants receive a year-long subscription to New Letters, also, a wonderful way for students to immerse themselves in great literature and learn from the most contemporary and exciting writing being published today.
Winners in the genres of fiction, essay, and poetry each receive a $1,500 cash prize and publication in New Letters. Past judges have included such prestigious writers as Joyce Carol Oates, Janet Burroway, Kim Addonizio, Benjamin Percy, Philip Levine, and Cornelius Eady. To view past winners, judges and issues, please visit www.newletters.org.
Questions? Contact Ashley Wann at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (816) 235-1169.
The English department is now seeking submissions for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences’ annual student research journal, Creating Knowledge. Faculty members from the English department will choose one essay to represent the department in this year’s publication.
If you would like to have your essay considered for publication, please email a copy of your paper as a Word document to Professor Jennifer Conary at email@example.com by 6:00 pm on May 1st; please include your full name and student ID number in the body of the email.
Your essay must meet the following requirements:
- Include original research using primary and/or secondary sources; papers written in Research Intensive courses or for the Newberry Seminar would be excellent options
- Have been written in a course in the English department or the Newberry Seminar
- Be under 5,000 words
- Be formatted according to MLA standards and include a works cited page
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Conary at firstname.lastname@example.org.