English Majors, don’t miss out an applying to these scholarships!
Scholarship Connect is open for the 2019-2020 academic year and is your best tool for finding internal scholarships at DePaul. Please login to Scholarship Connect here.
Further Scholarship/Scholarship Connect instructions are here: Scholarship Connect Instructions. Below is a description of each internal scholarship relevant to English majors, along with special application instructions.
The deadline to apply for these scholarships is November 1, 2019.
Honors Literature Endowed Scholarship
Awarded to students majoring or dual-majoring in English, who are enrolled in the Honors Program at DePaul University, are in good academic standing and demonstrate financial need. Applicants must have completed at least three English courses with a minimum GPA of 3.3 in those courses.
1. Are you currently in the Honors Program at DePaul University?
2. Please submit a 400-to-500 word statement highlighting your academic engagement and achievement in the English major and the Honors program and indicating how this scholarship will help you financially.
3. Please upload a sample of a literary essay or a creative work produced for one of your classes.
Ellin M. Kelly, Ph.D. Endowed British Literature Award
Awarded to advanced students who have demonstrated their dedication to the study of British Literature as determined by the English Department. Applicants must have completed at least three English courses with a minimum GPA of 3.5 in those courses.
1. Please submit a 400-to-500 word statement highlighting your dedication to the study of British literature as demonstrated through your coursework, including independent studies or research projects, as well as any related extracurricular activities or future plans.
2. Please upload a writing sample of an essay dealing with British literature from any period.
Mary Zavada Endowed Scholarship
Consideration shall be given to undergraduate students majoring in English, with a concentration in creative writing, in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Science. The student must be in good academic standing and exhibit financial need.
1. Please upload your latest Unofficial DePaul University Transcript for coursework verification.
2. Do you have an emphasis in creative writing?
3. Please upload a piece of creative writing (short story, set of poems, essay, etc.) not to exceed 3500 words.