The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center will hold an online information session on Wednesday, February 7 at 6 pm central to discuss careers in community organizing with DePaul students and alumni interested in uniting congregations and working for social, economic and racial justice.
RSVP at www.thedartcenter.org/DePaul
DART hires and trains organizers to build organizations that have successfully addressed issues including:
* Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
* Reining in predatory lending practices
* Expanding access to primary health and dental care
* Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
* Improving low-performing public schools
* Fighting for immigrants’ rights
Positions start August 13, 2018 in Knoxville, TN, Charleston, SC, Lexington, KY, Topeka, KS, and St. Petersburg, Jacksonville, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Starting salary $34,000/year + benefits.
Although it may be helpful, no prior organizing experience is necessary. Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
To find out more about DART or to apply, we encourage you to visit www.thedartcenter.org. Still have questions? Contact Sarah Storar at Sarah@thedartcenter.org.