Please see below a spring internship opportunity with Odd Tale Studios. If interested, contact Elija Lee: email@example.com.
If you are selected, contact Prof. Chris Green (CGREEN1@depaul.edu) to register for academic credit via ENG 392, the online internship course.
Odd Tale Studios (www.oddtalestudios.com) is a growing cloud-based company that provides news across multiple platforms, which include video games, anime and movies.
Currently our main focus is on video games news and entertainment. Our goal is to have an inclusive platform that promotes women and people of color in the industry and at home.
Odd Tale Studios will utilize social media marketing (SMM) to not only deliver news to our audience but to start a conversation with them. Our articles and videos are the starting point for those conversations. Through SMM our audience can not only hear our voice but be given one themselves .
We’re looking for interns who want to work REMOTELY the experience and know-how of working as a video game journalist. We are small but you can learn the basics of SMM as well as start to build up your press contacts and rapport . If you like what we’re doing and believe in it and want to help us grow, then we’d love to have you as a part of our team.
– Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
– Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
– Marketing your articles via social media
-Making and maintaining PR contacts
– Work on special projects, as needed
– Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
– Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
– Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
Required – English, Microsoft Word, Writing
Preferred – WordPress