Deadline: March 15, 2017
Created by Kean W. Spencer in honor of his mother, a reader and community servant, the award welcomes unpublished, original poems composed in the traditional modes of meter, rhyme and received forms and offers a first prize ($1,500), and a runner-up prize ($500).
- The annual competition is open to undergraduate poets who are enrolled in a United States college or university.
- The author’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and name of college or university attended should be submitted on a separate sheet.
- There is no fee to enter. Submissions may be a combination of poems submitted to the Iris N. Spencer Award, the Myong Cha Son Haiku Award, or the Rhina P. Espaillat Poetry Award. Limit of two poems per contest.
- All submissions must be postmarked or e-mailed no later than March 15, 2017.
- Submissions should be mailed to:
WCU Poetry Awards
West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383
- Electronic submissions may be sent as an e-mail attachment to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (put WCU Poetry Awards in the subject line).
Submitted poems will not be returned. For notification of contest results please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.