See below for an internship opportunity with a children’s media company, working with the children’s and YA writer Cynthea Liu. Let Professor Chris Green (CGREEN1@depaul.edu) know if you’re selected and he will get you registered for Winter Quarter credit.
10 weeks / $500
15 hours / week
We inspire youth to author their own lives for positive change in the world.
We are seeking a DIGITAL ONLINE MEDIA intern with a Graphic Design interest to add to our team as we build a youth movement for social change and work toward launching our initiatives, including two children’s and teen websites and creating related social media campaigns. Some of the values of the movement include: inspiring children and teens to do good, helping them turn ideas into action, and empowering them to think of themselves as change-makers. The digital media media intern will produce content and help with research and other graphic design tasks.
Any candidate should also be willing to perform organizational/logistical/administrative tasks related to youth, digital media, and marketing and contribute wherever the team needs help. We are an all-hands-on-deck, collaborative team and we’d like to add a like-minded individual to help us build the movement.
Applicants should be:
- capable of self-direction and management
- eager to learn new skills
Applicants should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or will be completing their degree in 2017)
- excellent writing skills, with a focus on writing for children
- familiarity with video production tools like iMovie
- strong interest in child/teen empowerment
- a willing-to-do-just-about-anything-for-the-cause attitude
- a sense of humor (a MUST)
- Children and teen sensibilities (another MUST — In other words, you should feel comfortable thinking like a kid or a teen. If you have no idea how to do this, please do NOT apply.)
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- strong time-management skills
Demonstrated experience with or interest in:
- web research
- Graphic design tools such as InDesign, AI, Photoshop
- Social media tools
- QA testing
Interested candidates should send a brief (350 word) cover letter expressing your qualifications and intense enthusiasm for the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put: DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP in the subject line. Feel free to get in touch with any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!