These are wonderful internship opportunities at an incredible organization. If interested, please contact Mary Klein [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Contact Professor Chris Green (CGREEN1@depaul.edu) if you’re selected and he will set up internship credit for Winter Quarter.
From the Great Books Foundation:
We have two primary areas of work where we will need help: one is editorial book production, and the other is social media, research, and outreach. We could use two separate interns, each working about two days a week, or one person working about three days a week if that person has an interest in both areas.
Possible projects for the book production internship:
- Fact-check author headnotes for adult or K-12 anthologies
- Research and assist with permissions process
- Key in selections and make corrections using InCopy
- Proofread and cold read adult anthologies, teacher materials, K-12 student fiction/nonfiction materials, catalogs, or website materials
- Review/QA ebooks on multiple platforms
- Shadow/assist Editorial Services person on cross-team projects (examples include book projects, professional development offerings, videos/webinars, website revisions)
- Write posts for Great Books Connections
- Help with some of the regular filing, organizing, photocopying, and library runs
Possible projects for the social media / outreach internship:
- Assist with targeted premarketing and outreach research for forthcoming adult anthologies
- Assist with coordination of small outreach events and programming for Her Own Accord
- Research the use of Instagram for businesses, the use of Instagram for similar nonprofits, and the creation and implementation of an account; create a proposal for implementation
- Assist with preparation for #GivingTuesday; duties may include brainstorming campaign components, creating social media content, soliciting testimonials from customers, writing campaign-related copy
We are committed to providing our interns with meaningful work, and the more abilities and interests the intern has, the more we will have for that person to do!