Calling all DePaul English majors! Are you looking for more ways to get your writing out there? Do you enjoy attending literary events?
The Underground is looking for student contributors to write short, informal articles for the website. Gain writing experience, build your resume, and get involved in the literary community at DePaul and beyond.
The pieces would be 1,200 words or less. We are open to interviews, event recaps, and any noteworthy topics in keeping with the Underground’s mission statement.
If you are interested in writing for the Underground, email Underground editor Anne Terashima at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anne will then email you each Monday with a list of possible article topics. If you see one that interests you, let her know by 10 a.m. Tuesday. Turnaround time is 1-3 days, depending on the topic.
Here is a sample of what next Monday’s topics email will include:
- 57th Street Books reading with Kathleen Rooney and Eric Plattner (9/21)
- DePaul’s Night at the Museum with Kathleen Rooney and Eric Plattner (9/22)
- Sunday Salon (9/25) with writers Vu Tran, Gina Frangello, Ben Tanzer, Doro Boehme, and DePaul’s own Dan Stolar
- The Passion Of Poetry And The Power Of Artistic Expression: An Evening With Mayda Del Valle (9/20)
- Alumni profile: interested in interviewing an alum for advice, anecdotes, and all things DePaul? Let us know, and we’ll put you in contact with someone.
If you have an idea that is not listed, please pitch it to email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!