DePaul’s Gamma Psi Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, The National English Honor Society, will elect new members in spring 2016. English Majors and Minors, graduate and undergraduate, are eligible to apply provided they have completed one course beyond English 120 (or equivalent) and have a G.P.A. of 3.4 or better.
To apply, please complete this application form in Word format [not PDF] and return it electronically to Professor Murphy, Department of English, by 15 February, 2016. Email it as an attachment to email@example.com writing ‘Sigma Tau Delta’ application in the subject line. Applicants’ GPAs will be checked out and those who qualify will later be asked to supply a $40 lifetime membership fee.
Some basics on Sigma Tau Delta:
- English honor society for students at accredited colleges and universities that grant baccalaureate or higher degrees
- Established in 1924 to confer distinction for high achievement in English language, literature, and writing
- Dedicated to fostering literacy and all aspects of the discipline of English
- The second largest member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS)
- Over 875 local chapters in the U.S. and abroad—and growing.
Visit the Sigma Tau Delta website for more information!