The DePaul English department invites you to participate in our sixth annual student-run conference. The spring English conference will be held on the afternoon of Friday, May 8, 2015, in Arts & Letters Hall. To make this conference a success, we need YOU, DePaul undergraduate and graduate students, to submit your original works of:
Pedagogical and Literary Theory
Publishing, Professional, and Teaching Practices
The DePaul English conference is an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their work in front of a positive, supportive community of DePaul faculty and peers. If you have never publicly read your work before, consider this student-run conference. We look forward to making it a rewarding event for everyone involved!
1. Submit 300- to 500-word abstracts OR complete papers (complete papers are preferred, but abstracts are fine, too) for up to two works total: ONE creative piece and ONE work of literary study.
2. All submitted work, both creative and academic, should be 15–20 minutes when read aloud (approximately eight to ten double-spaced pages).
3. Please attach submissions as separate Word or .pdf files within the same email. All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject heading “Spring Conference Submission.”
4. Do NOT put your name or any identifying information anywhere on the submission(s). Instead, enclose a cover sheet with your submissions. The cover sheet should include the following information.
5. If your submission is selected for the Spring Conference, you must be available to present it on the afternoon of Friday, May 8, 2015 at Arts & Letters Hall, 2315 N. Kenmore Ave.
Works accepted for the conference will be grouped into panels according to genre and/or theme, and a 15-minute Q&A session will conclude each panel. All works submitted must be original, and we encourage writers to submit recent work. In the spirit of academic fellowship, we encourage participants to stay for the duration of the conference and to celebrate at the reception following. The day will conclude with a keynote address.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: APRIL 6, 2015.
Please send submissions or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.