DePaul Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) is offering a number of networking events in May and June.
1) May ASK Networking Breakfast Social Media Savvy Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 8am – 9am Loop campus, DPC 11th Floor, DePaul Club Twitter, LinkedIn, G+, Facebook – everyone talks about social media but what does it mean to truly harness the power of online communities. Go beyond having a presence and learn how to effectively engage the online community. Doug Miller, CDM alumnus and New Media Manager at DePaul’s Career & Money Management, will discuss the written and unwritten rules of social media and strategies on how to maintain your momentum online. http://bit.ly/ASKBreakfastMay2014
2) Virtual Speed Networking Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 12pm – 1pm CDT, Online Hosted by the Office of Alumni Relations, join this virtual speed networking and meet alumni and HR managers. Register at: www.brazenconnect.com/event/depaul_networking_2
3) Queer Careers Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 6pm – 7pm, Lincoln Park, Student Center 324 How does your sexual orientation affect your career? Join us as a panel of ASK mentors share their insights and experience on LGBTQ issues in the workplace. Hosted by DePaul’s LGBTQA Student Services. Walk-ins welcome.
4) Life After College: Sorority Alumni Panel Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 6pm – 7:30pm, Lincoln Park, Student Center 313 Co-hosted by ASK, Panhellenic Council, and Sigma Lambda Gamma, join us as we bring back sorority alumni who will share insights into life after college. Open to DePaul sorority women and interested undergrad students. http://bit.ly/ASKSororityAlumni2014
5) CIO Career Panel Thursday, May 29, 2014, 4:30pm – 6pm, Loop, DePaul Center 8010 What is it like to be a Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of a large charitable foundation? Hear from key CIOs in Chicago who have embarked on this career path and the joys and challenges of their role. Guest speakers: Jane Patterson, Chief Investment Officer, Joyce Foundation; Amy Hill, Vice President of Investments and Administration, Polk Bothers Foundation; Mary Cahillane, Chief Investment Officer, Spencer Foundation; Moderator: DePaul alumnus Andreason Brown, Chief Financial Officer, Donors Forum. Hosted by ASK and Department of Finance. http://bit.ly/DePaulASKEvents
6) June ASK Networking Breakfast One Year Later Tuesday, June 3, 2014, 8am – 9am Loop campus, DPC 11th Floor, DePaul Club Students often hear that school is not “the real world.” So what’s life like after college? Join us as we bring back 2013 graduates and hear their stories and advice one year after graduation. Guest speakers: Kevin Karrasch, BSB Finance 2013, Project Controller Analyst at Deloitte Alyssa Cassata, BA Psychology 2013, Development Coordinator, Corporate Giving at Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Annie Kraft, BA Political Science 2013, Program Coordinator at Chicago Federation of Labor Workers Assistance Committee Lisa Rodriguez, BA PR & Advertising 2013, Media Associate at GolinHarris Trent Scheffert, BS Computer Game Development 2013, Consultant at Clarity Consulting http://bit.ly/ASKBreakfastJune2014
7) Practice Interviews Are your internship or job interview answers strong enough? Make your mistakes with alumni volunteers so you’re ready when you’re called for the real interview. Open slots available in May and June. http://bit.ly/ASKPracticeInterviewSlots