The leaves are falling, the air is crisp, and everywhere you go here on campus you hear the familiar sound of students flipping through syllabi and wondering just how they are going to finish all that work before finals roll around….
Ah, yes, the Autumn quarter is in full swing, and here at The Underground that can only mean one thing–it’s time to put together our undergraduate writing staff for the 2013-2014 academic year. If you are an undergraduate English major, minor, or are just interested in all things literary, then we want you on our team!
As a staff member for The Underground, you will get the chance to….
- Cover English department events, visiting author readings, conferences, and other literary goings-on here at DePaul and across Chicagoland
- Review new books, films, and music that would be of interest to DePaul English majors and other students interested in writing, literature, and the humanities
- Interview faculty, alumni, and persons of interest for featured profiles
- Have your writing featured on our popular newsletter/blog
- Gain some valuable experience creating written content for the web and working under deadlines
- Network with other students interested in the field of English
Interested students should contact editor Melissa Culbertson at Mculber1@depaul.edu by October 1. Please include a short application letter describing your qualifications, writing experience, interests, an idea of what kind of time commitment you will be willing to put in as a part of our staff, and, very importantly, your vision for The Underground.
New staff members will be notified via email by Friday, October 4. We look forward to an exciting year!